How to Do What Matters Most
Attend this 6-hour workshop to learn
how to manage your mind so you can manage your time
Saturday & Sunday, April 27 & 28, 2019
2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Eastern
Zoom Video Bridge (or Audio Only)
Saturday, June 22, 2019
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
7 Questions that Paralyze Action
- What matters most now?
- How do you know you’re doing what matters most?
- How do you get back on track if you aren’t?
- Why isn’t what matters most obvious?
- When it’s not obvious, how do you figure it out quickly?
- When should you stop thinking and start acting, even if you still feel conflicted?
- How can you reduce conflict?
This class teaches you how to answer these questions–so you can do what matters most.
This is a far cry from the typical advice to “Just do it.” People say you need to “power through.” You should “force yourself” because you have “no choice.” This stressful, duty-based approach may show some results in the short-term. However, in the long-term it fosters a vicious cycle of burnout, fueled by guilt and self-doubt. You become your own slave master, whipping yourself to “do the right thing,” regardless of how you feel or what it does to you, because otherwise you are “no good.”
In reaction to that kind of self-flagellation and added stress, some people wait to act until they are miraculously motivated. Others throw up their hands and don’t attempt to do what matters most at all.
This class offers a true alternative: a self-respectful approach to identifying and embracing what matters most, then following through with determination. This is an approach that fuels your sense of pride and confidence.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to quickly reveal critical issues so you can be confident you’ve identified your top priority now
- How to transform the unpleasant feelings that accompany making hard choices into a source of positive motivation
- A powerful tool for choosing the best option when you are in the midst of the thorniest of conflicts
- The key to handling resistance and temptation without just resorting to pressuring yourself
This class reflects my (Jean Moroney’s) distinctive perspective on productivity. The problems people have setting priorities are thinking problems–thinking problems that sabotage action. The remedy lies in learning how to manage your mind so that you can solve problems faster, eliminate emotional overload, and re-frame goals so that they motivate you to follow through. When you get your head in the game, action follows.
Testimonials from related classes
This is a jam-packed, transformational class for only $369. Here is what you will learn:
In Unit 1: Figuring Out What Matters, you will learn a fast tool for sorting through issue. You will walk away confident you can reveal any critical issues for identifying what you need to do now, even if they don’t occur to you at first.
In Unit 2: Handling Emotions, you learn a self-respectful way to understand emotions that confuse your priorities and stop you from acting. You will learn how to unearth critical data and dispel irrelevant isues. You will test drive a tactic that grounds you in the present and helps you resolve longstanding internal conflicts over time.
In Unit 3: Untangling Complex Choices, you learn the secret to avoiding analysis paralysis. You will take away a system for analyzing seemingly unresolvable conflicts, so you can always make an appropriate choice in the time available.
In Unit 4: Following Through in Action, we will discuss how you apply the tactics from the first units when you are under the gun, needing to act sooner rather than later. You will see how a radically new attitude toward conflict can transform your experience of day-to-day work into a positive, productive undertaking.
This class is not for everyone. None of these tactics are “no-brainers.” If you aren’t already committed to working hard, there is no point in taking this class.
But if you are already working hard, then this class is for you. The tactics from this class ensure your hard work pays off faster. What you do with the time you save is up to you. Do you want to add a little balance to your life? Do you want to carve out time for a lagging pet project? Or do you just want to enjoy your workday more?
When you develop a self-respectful discipline for doing what matters most, you open up possibilities for designing your life to be exactly what you want it to be.
Sign up now! Learn crucial prioritization skills that will make you more productive and less stressed. Cost: $369.
This is a hands on class. During the class you get a chance to test drive the tactics with individual exercises using situations from your own life. Breakthroughs are common during class exercises.
During the class we will step through a workbook using a combination of lecture, discussion, group exercises, and individual exercises.
In addition, you will receive a laminated summary sheet with convenient reminders of how and when to use the tactics, plus a 55-page manual with write-ups of the tactics for quick review. You will also have access to soft copies of all of the materials.
After class, you get two months in the Thinking Lab, where you can access;
- Live virtual classes going deeper on the skills
- Over 100 hours of additional course material
- Write-ups on dozens of related thinking tactics
- One “Thinking Day”–a day you can join other Thinking Lab members virtually to work on a high priority project, ask questions of Jean, or just get encouragement to stay on task
- Unlimited email feedback on work you submit for review during your time in the lab
Use Your Own Real-Life Situations in Class
Jean’s workshop offers an easy-to-follow method to make any decisions in your life, from relatively minor but distressing ones, to major complex ones. With her method, you make decisions fueled by your values, not by fear and avoidance, guilt, or duty.
I focused on some personal decisions in her workshop:
What a gift to learn Jean’s benevolent decision-making method by using real personal situations that you are actually facing.
— Ellen Kenner, Psychologist and Host of the Radio Show The Rational Basis of Happiness
Figuring out what matters now is perhaps the most critical thinking people need to do to succeed.
Your priorities are unique–no one else has the full context to figure out what is most important to you. And when something comes up, you need to be able to think on your feet to adapt your priorities in the face of new information.
As you grow, you need to keep focused on what’s important–to choose the better over the good, to choose what matters over what feels comfortable. That’s what you learn in Focused Action.
The Next Offerings:
Focused Action: How to Do What Matters Most
Virtual (Video or Audio)
Saturday & Sunday, April 27 & 28, 2019
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Zoom Video Bridge
In-Person in Cleveland, Ohio
Saturday, June 22, 2019
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Coffee and pre-meeting discussion will start at 9:00 a.m. A sandwich lunch will be provided at 12:30 p.m.
Tuition for the 6-hour class is $369
To sign up, please fill out the form here and choose the session in the drop-down box. You can either pay by credit card on that site, or put in the “PayByCheck” coupon to register and then send the check separately.
When I get your payment, I’ll send you a registration letter with more information.
Let’s sum up what you get from an investment of $369:
- A decision-making process that handles the thorniest conflict
- Powerful tools for coping with intense emotions that get in the way of taking action
- The secret to identifying what really matters without using up all of your time
- The key to following through on priorities without driving yourself crazy
- A chance to test drive the tactics on your own decisions during the workshop
- Surprising insights into how to use what you already know more effectively
- A detailed workbook for doing exercises
- My new Thinking Tactics manual: The Thinker’s Toolkit
- A 2-page summary sheet for quick reference
- Complimentary membership in the Thinking Lab from the time you register to two months after the class so you can get more tactics, more practice, and more help
Register now and get between now and class as extra time in the Thinking Lab
Questions? Email me at email@example.com and I’ll answer them.
Sign up now and learn how to take the focused actions that will make you happier and more productive every day.
Still unsure? Here’s my money-back guarantee:
If you have not already discovered one way you can be significantly more effective by the end of the first unit, you can walk out then with a 100% refund. So what are you waiting for?
Still not sure? Try a no-risk sample
2 1/2 Tools for Dealing with Overload is a free 1-hour sample class I offer. I guarantee, if you like the 2 1/2 Tools for Dealing with Overload class, you will find Focused Action even more valuable. It builds on what can only be mentioned in passing in the preview.
Read more and register on the 2 1/2 Tools for Dealing with Overload page